Hour 1 – John J. Higgins and Barb Adams, Party of Inequality
While Republicans and this administration say they want to make the GOP more open to “the forgotten men and women of this country,” pretending to care about coal miners and farmers, rallying against abortion, terrorism, and gun control, their actions thus far indicate the opposite.
Trump talked about uniting the country, but since his administration came into power, the United States is more divided politically, culturally, racially, and economically.
Economically, consider the GOP’s tax reform bill, which drastically slashed the corporate tax rate and lowered other rates on certain more wealthy individuals and businesses while cutting social supports for the poor. As we head into the 2018 midterm elections, Trump is now proposing a second substantial tax cut which would benefit the wealthiest in this country even more! For a party that supposedly wants to represent We the People, they’ve done a superlative job of representing the uppermost one percent (1%) while keeping the rest of the 99% divided and fighting among themselves.
Trump’s zero-tolerance immigration policy, which dehumanizes immigrants while repudiating America’s essence, is nothing short of white nationalism. And what about all those Family Values the GOP supposedly represents? Apparently replaced by an agenda of racial animus and discrimination which further divides this country.
But the division goes a step further with Trump’s America First policy, which is isolating the U.S. from our allies by disparaging them while cozying up to known dictators and enemies–all of which leaves the U.S. vulnerable to our adversaries both here at home and abroad.
Which makes one wonder, what’s the real agenda and who’s really behind all of this division and chaos?
JOIN Barb and John as they discuss Party of Inequality.
Hour 2 – Ora Nadrich, Says Who? How One Simple Question Can Change the Way You Think Forever
Joining the show during the second hour is the Founder and President of the Institute for Transformational Thinking, Ora Nadrich. Ora will be discussing her book, Says Who? How One Simple Question Can Change the Way You Think Forever.
How well do you know your thoughts?
We think 60-70,000 thoughts per day and, sadly, it’s the negative ones we tend to hear the loudest. Negative thoughts damage our lives and happiness; they create behaviors that railroad the best of intentions. If your inner dialogue is conflicted or causing you to suffer, your outer life will reflect those thoughts.
But most people don’t question their thoughts, especially those that are fear-based or self-negating regardless of whether the destructive thoughts have any basis in reality or not. Most people allow those negative thoughts to hijack their confidence and well-being.
Learning how to ask “Says who?” confronts the negative and fear-based thoughts that hold people hostage so that the thoughts no longer exert their influence. Coming to realize that the thought isn’t real or valid and that the thought is ultimately useless to them allows people to align their inner dialogue successfully with their goals and dreams.
Ora Nadrich has created an incredibly easy-to-follow method to get rid of negative thoughts, taking away all their power over us. It starts by realizing that we are in control over our own thoughts. During the interview, Ora will discuss
- The 7 key questionbs to ask every day to challenge negative thoughts
- Why revealing the nature of negative thoughts robs its power over you
- Why most negative thoughts don’t even belong to us
- How negativity tricks us into believing we’re being productive when we’re not
- Why we find negative thoughts so comforting
- How to treat a negative thought like an intruder on your property.
Ora Nadrich is a Certified Life Coach, Certified Mindfulness Meditation teacher, and author.
For more information, visit http://oranadrich.com.
Hour 3 – Dr. Kurt Kuhnert (Rebroadcast) The Map
Original air date, August 20, 2016
Share this post...