(1) John J. Higgins and Barb Adams, Week in Review
Join Barb and John as they discuss some of the top stories of the week.
Carmen Ashe (CANCELLED)
(2) and (3) Dr. Matthew Hahn, MD
Physician, author, blogger, and health-care advocate Dr. Matthew Hahn, MD, joins the show to discuss his new book, Distracted: How Regulations Are Destroying the Practice of Medicine and Preventing True Health-Care Reform.
While the Senate continues to debate health-care in America, Dr. Matthew Hahn, MD, says there’s a better path to true reform of health-care in America, and it begins with the understanding that it’s not health-care that’s failing, it’s the administration of health-care that is failing.
Dr. Hahn, a practicing family physician in Hancock, Maryland, was voted a Maryland Family Doctor of Year, and is a founder of a small IT company that produced the electronic health record software he uses in his practice. He knows firsthand the dangers of a system that is needlessly complicated, but also understands how to fix it.
During the interview Dr. Hahn will discuss the shocking, largely untold story of an all-powerful, data-obsessed health-care bureaucracy hell-bent on controlling every detail of our medical decision-making and spending. In addition, he’ll discuss:
- A health-care reform plan that both Democrats and Republicans can love: less regulation, higher quality, and lower costs.
- The basic building blocks of health-system success—a simple, functional payment system; affordable, usable computer systems available to all physicians; and the elimination of the common barriers that keep patients from the care they need.
- Crucial details regarding American health care that are largely missing from the national conversation—details that can make or break any approach to health-care reform.
- How new government payment programs penalize doctors for taking care of the sickest patients.
- The most effective way to lower the costs of American health-care—healthier patients. His previous book, Staying Alive, is the ultimate medical survival guide for the 21st century patient.
Dr. Hahn is a family physician who practices in Hancock, Maryland. He is a graduate of George Washington University Medical School and has been practicing medicine since 2000. Since then, he has been the recipient of many awards including the Maryland Family Physician of the Year Award in 2006 and a finalist for the American Family Physician of the Year Award in 2007.
For more information, visit https://www.matthewhahnmd.com
Share this post...